Thursday, June 21, 2012

Today, I'd like to have wine for breakfast.

This morning started out pretty normal.

I got up to the sounds of three trolls, put on my PT gear, then got them out of bed.
Breakfast, teeth brushing, hair brushing, shoes.

Out the door on the way to nature camp.

On the way there, I accidentally cut off a driver.
Seriously, I'm 97% sure he came out of nowhere. Freakin' phantom cars. 


He sped around me, drove next to me (in oncoming traffic's lane) yelling out his window.
Then, when traffic started coming, he darted in front of me, stopped and flipped me off.
Then he turned the other way as I went into the park.

I dropped the boys off and drove out, thinking "well, that crazy guy wasn't so much fun".

When I came out of the park, he was waiting for me.
He sped out in front of me (time to get a bigger engine'd car?) stopped, put on his flashers (how considerate) and then got out of his car.  (Oncoming traffic in the other lane - I was stuck - and had Holden in my car.) He starts walking up to my car screaming and yelling.

So I grabbed my phone and called 911.  
I'm pretty proud I remembered the number!  


As he got closer he saw me on the phone, and apparently having at least 2 brain cells to rub together, went back to his car and raced away.

Eventually the cops came to the conclusion that there was nothing really they could do, except meet me at my house.

Which I declined, because an ugly cry is best done alone.


Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever been so scared in my life.
It felt so predatory.  Now, as weird as this is - I feel guilty that the cops and I couldn't do more.  Who is going to be in the car the next time this guy does this to someone.  What is going to happen that time?   I know the guilt is weird, and unnecessary - but I have it.

And, for fun car adventures for the McD family, Hubband's car had a tire blow out this morning.  As he said in the email "PM checked for the decade: drive with a blowout, then change the tire".

Oi.

And that is how I came to the conclusion that wine would be perfectly acceptable as a breakfast food.

1 reviews:

Anonymous said...

You poor dears, thank God that you're safe.