Thursday, June 27, 2013

There will be radio silence commencing in 8, 7, 6...

So - I have a pretty amazing husband.  He works hard and provides well.

When his particular Navular program reached the fifth year of the "5 and out", he went reserves.  So, for the last 18 months he's held down TWO jobs.
This year, big talks were happening regarding "sequestration" and "furloughs".  To be proactive, in case furloughs came to fruition, Hubband lined up several weeks of reserve work.  Mostly in the month of July.
It was then decided that the boys and I would head to Oregon, because - why not?

After several weeks of trying to plan, and budget - I decided to take on a family road trip.


Yes. Your brain is working right.

I'm taking the three boys on a cross-country road trip.  By myself.

No, I'm not expecting Kumbaya the whole trip across.  Nor am I expecting Hell the whole way across.

My kids really like to travel, and they've done a fair amount of it in their short little lives.  So while quite the undertaking, they've done long days in the car and done it well.
We (the boys and I) decided on a Northerly route for the trip there, and a Southerly route back.
I let them pick one major attraction that we would spend a day or two at.
Their choices were Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon.  I have never been to Mount Rushmore - so it will be immensely exciting for me, too.
And the Grand Canyon.  Holy crap, it's so beautiful and... Grand - I can't wait to show it to the boys.  Seriously.  It's going to be AWESOME.

We've bought special organizers, plenty of kindle books, a children's audio book series on Mythology by one of their favorite authors, a cooler (I'm determined not to eat crap at every turn), travel journals and dry-erase activity pages.

We leave in less than 10 days.  SQUEEEE!!!!  and OMG!!!!!!!!

Wish us luck.

0 reviews: