Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Some Things On My Mind.

*White house sex scandals. A very long time ago, I made the conscious decision that I would never get married to anybody with political ambitions.
Mark, thank you for your uber-nerddom and un-desire to be political.

*General McChrystal. Seriously. Whether you think your boss is a douche or not - what purpose does it really serve to yap it to 'Rolling Stone' magazine? It definitely didn't help you do your job, and all those guys you're begging for respect now think it's ok to call you a jackhole to your face. Way to lead by example. Great contradiction to a very specific paragraph in that article... Jeesh.

*The Disney Princess Half Marathon. February 25-27, 2011. Kelley, the SIL and I are running that.
Mark and his mom and dad will be running the 5k.
How much cooler can a family vacation get? I'm stoked. Now I just have to convince Mark that driving down there is a horrible idea.

*G-Diapers. Amazing. Kieran's diaper rash has run and hid, he can now identify when he's wet and poopy, without sticking his hand down his pants. It's also good for the earth. Who can complain about that?

*Panera. They're out of creamy tomato soup. Best tomato soup ever. And Panera Inc. or Corp. or whatever is out. Jerks.

*Kieran's ears. The surgery went smoothly, and the only thing the doctor said was "they were really gross and gunky - keep him on the drops seven days instead of two".
Since the surgery, his vocabulary and sentence structure has indeed improved. He's also stopped his incessant whining and is sleeping through the night again.
A blessing. Pure and simple.

*Mark's transportation to work over the summer. He's been carpooling with some friends who live down the road. However, one of them happens to be a teacher. Like a sane person, she chooses to sleep her tuckus in over the summer. Can't say that I blame her... So, there are only two of them for the summer - and you can't HOV with dos... Mark has been in early, home late. Which cuts out my workout time. That makes me cranky. Which makes him cranky. Which makes me cranky.
Vicious cycle.

*Chicago. I'll be there at the end of July. With Mark. And not the kids. Which, is going to be awesome.
Now, I just need to get us some awesome walking shoes... Keen - anyone?

*The bestest. Mrs. Wookie. She's lame and thinks it's acceptable to follow her man back to the best coast. She also thinks it's ok to go on vacation with her family to the UK in the short amount of time she has left here.
I'm sad.

*Books. I have book club meeting on Monday. I haven't started this month's book... I should get on that.

*Air you can hold. The humidity today is 91%. Is that even safe? From what I understand - 100% humidity means water. So, I take this to mean there is more H2O than O2 out there. That doesn't seem ok...

*Sundresses and skirts. Lifesavers when you live in a place that you can hold the air. Can't. Get. Enough.

*This weekend. I'm getting my hairdid. It's about damn time. Can't wait.

And now that I've gone from national news to the "you probably don't give one hoot or holler" stuff, I'll sign off - with the hope that I'll get another post up after I've dropped off the B-rox to VBS.

0 reviews: