Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gearing up!

Well folks, Mark and I have settled into our house here in the small bourough of Jeannette, Pennsylvania (a teeny little township of Pittsburgh) and that can only mean one thing. Its time to move AGAIN! We are currently gearing up for the third move in 16 months. This one unfortunately is going to be complicated by 6 weeks of separation (kinda like the Kevin Bacon game, only not fun) between Mark and I. The boys and I are flying back to Oregon the first week of Feb. and will hang out at my parents place for those six weeks. Mark has a few more adventures in store for him. He'll be here in Penn. for another week to supervise the movers and get us checked out during his week of finals at the BRES. Then he'll drive down to Newport News, VA and do shipyard duty for a few weeks. Then he has to fly to BFE Idaho to finish up his training. Lastly, he'll head back up to DC and take reciept of our household goods and move us in before the boys and I return.

I wasn't sure I was going to miss this place, but as we get ready to leave I find myself wishing to transplant this small and quiet town into the hubub that is the greater DC area. I really enjoy looking out my living room window and seeing a silo, and a barn with a pasture of cows and horses. (Braxton has truly enjoyed the cows also.)
These are the views from our living room windows. They're a little different now that its winter and there are no leaves on the trees, and there is snow on the ground... but you get the idea.
However, this place will hold some not so great feelings... like having my second kid while my husband is currently in school for his masters degree. Its great for him - bad for my sanity. I don't reccomend having kids while either parent is in school. I also won't miss the road construction that seems to be ubiquitous in Pennsylvania. We live a mile from the highway, but because of road construction we've had to take a detour five miles further... then backtrack on the highway. They also shut the major freeway down on weekends. WHO DOES THAT??? So on the weekends, if Mark and I needed to do some shopping at a place other than the super-walmart we had to make sure we were up early so that we could beat the detour-around-the-freeway delays. LAME-O!
Of course the DC area doesn't exactly have a great reputation for traffic either.... hmmm.
Either way, the Navy says move, so we do. As long as nothing crazy happens, we should be there for about 3 years before another move happens. Thank goodness.

0 reviews: