Friday, October 30, 2009

Giving... and some recieving

The other day Mark and I did our semi-annual purge of the boys' toys. This year though, we had them get involved.

We have been trying to get Braxton and Kieran to think less about their gimmies, and more about the people around them - and how Braxton and Kieran can help them. Community service is a pretty big deal for us. For me especially. I know there were times when I was little that without the help of nice people my mom and I would have had a much rougher time of things.


So this year we had them go through their toys with us, and put aside the toys they wanted to keep and what toys needed to go. They did awesome! We were very impressed by the fact that Braxton honestly told us what toys they played with and what they did not. Anything they weren't overly thrilled with was put aside. In fact, I think it may have been harder for Mark and I on a few selections - just because we thought the toys were pretty nifty. After some reflection though, we realized that the boys were right. The toys they selected would be better off in someone else's home.

The toys they decided could "make other kids happy in their houses because they don't have any". (Braxton's wording)

Very proud of them!

Now for the holiday/birthday season that is upon us!

1 reviews:

McDorky said...

Let me know how it goes with the boys! How hey react to you coming back with pumpkins. Good for you for sticking to your guns!