Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bend it like... Braxton?

I'll admit that I don't understand soccer. I broke my wrist in the fifth grade just as we were getting to it in PE. Kinda killed the joy for me right off the bat. Anyway, its one of the few (major) sports I don't know how to play, and I don't watch on television. Somehow, Braxton has fallen in love with it. So, we go out and kick the ball around. Neither Mark or I can teach him how to play. Here are a few pics of him being awesome anyway. Look at the intensity with which he goes after that ball. We do have an actual soccer ball, but its smaller and more Braxton sized. This is NOT ok with him. He wanted the "big einsteins ball" because it was "big like a real soccer ball".
No joke - he planted that foot, then swung around and kicked that ball halfway across the field. (ok, halfway is a little exaggeration - but he kicked it purdy darn far). I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but I didn't think my three year old could pull sweet moves like that.

1 reviews:

Lindsay said...

Bring him over. I'll teach him. The key--DON'T kick it with your toe. Kick it on the inside of your foot. Easier to control that way. And if all else fails, just teach him to knock other people down. It's totally legal in soccer if you do it the right way.