Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A little homesick.

Lately I've been feeling a little homesick. I miss the west coast all the time - but over the last few years I've noticed I miss it most at a peculiar time of year. Around my birthday. That big day is two weeks from now - and like the last three years, I miss home. I miss my mom, I miss mountains. (East coast people - take a trip west. You'll no longer think the Appalachians are mountains. You'd call them hills, too.) I miss trees that stay green in the winter. (Though, I will admit as much as I miss home - I love to see all the leaves change here.) I miss recycling-loving hippies. I miss people who know which university the Beavers belong to - because I hate being called a duck. I miss the atmosphere that the west coast has. Laid back, chill, awesome. I miss the days when I didn't have to have some crazy mad samurai driving skills. I miss my family. I miss being there for big moments. Sister having a baby, bro getting his drivers license, etc. It's hard.

It's not all bad here - but I was born and raised in Oregon. It is a huge part of who I am. Being away from it is tough.

So here's to Oregon - and the rest of the West Coast for that matter.
How can you not find this funny?
Awesome.

One that has nothing to do with Oregon. But it fits me. It's hilarious.

1 reviews:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. There really is nothing like the West Coast. Especially the Northwest. I think it's the water...