Friday, February 19, 2010

Thoughts on 2010 Olympics.

*Air Guitar during the national anthem is ok - as long as it's your anthem they're playing. Though, to agree with Mr. Perkins, no shout outs!

*Shaun White. Pretty bad ass. Which, made me think last night - if the B-rox were to become a world class snowboarder, what would his nickname be? He has the hair thing, but it's platinum blonde. I don't know. I call him Boogeyman. (I'll explain the naming evolution of the B-rox in another post.)

*We're proud of you Evan Lysacek. However, you did win gold dancing around on ice with bedazzled snakes attached to your costume. Just sayin'...

*Lindsey Vonn. She's pretty bad ass, too. Though, putting cheese packs on your shin is weird. Haven't you heard of ice? You know - that stuff you slide down at ridiculously fast speeds? Her tumble yesterday - awesome. I've had me some yard sales skiing, but never once was I going that fast. She's got some big ol' bollocks. Kudos.

*NBC. The term, is goofy-footed. Which also happens to be the way I wakeboard. Which makes me wonder, for once - can't I just be normal?

*The quote "We're going to rent the podium from the Canadians" had me cracking up for a good hour. This is of course in reference to Canada's "Own the Podium" campaign.

*I giggle every time I think about how the West coast has to watch the games on a tape delay.
Do you know how many times I've been frustrated with evening football games on the west coast actually being LATE night games for me on the east coast? So you have to watch it prime time. Deal.

*I wish there were more exciting things to watch during the winter olympics besides snowboarding and skiing.

*That being said, the women in the half-pipe yesterday were pretty much a dissapointment. Except Torah. Everybody else - stop falling down. It's embarrassing. (Except the Chinese, they can fall down all they want.) Because who trains for snowboarding? Seriously, stop sucking the fun out of everything.

*I Would like to watch more action, less toupe guy. Less toupe guy interviewing people, and reporting on things we just watched!!!!!
I do not remember toupe guy's name. I'm alwasy a little revolted when I see his awful toupe. Everything else escapes me.

*The clown guy in the long program last night? He should have danced to "There ain't no strings on me".

*Clowns freak me out. Cliche, but true.

*Speaking of music in Ice skating. Somebody needs to man up and skate to some good music. Blues Traveler, Five for Fighting... You know what? I'd even take some Britney. Mix it up a little people. Go Rogue.

*I think we're jinxed. The olympic committee has never released medal projections before, but felt confident about the results they just let leak. The projections had us on top of Germany, and Canadialand, bringing home most golds, and overall.
I think we, as a nation, need to be prepared for some huge disasters.

*I'd like to attend an Olympics someday. (As a spectator, duh, roller derby isn't an olympic sport... yet) Preferably a summer olympics, but I won't be picky as long as I get the opportunity to go.

*I'd like to know if Fox is really, actually, truly, surprised that the Olympics beat American Idol in the ratings race? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

*Back to Evan Lysacek. He's dating Nastia Liukin. Do you think they'll say things like "If you show me your gold medal, I'll show you mine"?

*The Duathalon (shooting, cross country skiiing) is much more exciting when it's James May and Jeremy Clarkson, shooting and driving SUV's. True story.

Notes:
1) I do not hate China. I just think it's ridiculous that they've taken a very fun, awesome sport, and made it into a drill. Their athletes never look like they're having fun. They look like they're doing a job. Their snowboard routines were lackluster and felt soulless. At least when the other women went down - it was fun to watch.

Ok, I really only had that one note. Writing "notes" looks better on paper. Or blog, as the case may be.

**Edited to add a second note:
Korea. Get over yourselves. You fell. Ohno won. Say whatever you like, put his face on toilet paper - in the end you just look like sore losers.

3 reviews:

*~(boom)~* said...

LOL!!! I had no idea of the American campaign to rent the podium from the Canadians. That is awesome.

Missy said...

I am saddened...not once (!!!!) did you mention Hockey!? Hello, the winter olympics would be no fun without it. Make me proud...watch some hockey! And yell Go Canada :) (any other time I want USA to win, just not in hockey) LOL

EMac said...

I think that you should have also mentioned Julia Mancuso. After watching the Olympics non stop I have decided that even though she doesn't know it yet, she's gonna be my wife.