Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm Like a Frickin' Rabbit, Yo!

Ash Wednesday marked the first day of Lent.  In my faith, it's usually a day of fasting, but since I'm still makin' the boob juice, I can't really fast.  So, on with the eating like a rabbit.

First off, I would like to preface this with a little note.
I do not intend to EVER become a full time vegan.  Or even full time vegetarian.  But, I am hoping that this helps my family see how many wonderful ways they can be full and satisfied without cheese or meat.

My first three days of going veg were pretty easy.  Hubband was 20,000 leagues under the sea - so I could enjoy eating as the rabbits do without his snarky quips.

In those three days I lost a pound.  I wasn't hungry.  I didn't cut calories.  I just didn't eat food that used to have a mother.
I also felt like I had more energy.  Which happened to be great timing - because the week that Hubbs was gone was definitely one for the books... 


So, without further ado - here's my first dip into the rabbithole:
"Popcorn Cauliflower"
My own recipe:
Olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic.
bake until the outside is crispy - the inside is soft.
Vegan ravioli, marinara with sauteed mushrooms.
SOOOOO good.
Coconut Curry Kale Stew
And as a welcome home treat for Hubband.
Brownies.
They were gone by this morning.
They were that good. 
 Also eaten, Kashi Go Lean (not the crisp or crunch variety), raw veg straight from Mr. McGregor's Garden, krispied kale, stir fry, and green monster juice.

My Green Monster Juice:
2 kiwis
2 apples
1 cucumber
2 cups kale
1 orange
lemon juice
water.
Blend until smooth.

Yes, I referenced rabbits about 4.37 million times.  Deal with it. 

0 reviews: