Friday, March 11, 2011

My Bestest is Famous!

Ok, maybe only famous to me - but I'm durn important! So there.

Because Mrs. Wookie happens to be my bestest, I suppose I should probably partake of this week's Friday Fill-in.
Jump on over to Wife of a Sailor to join in!

1. During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? submitted by Married/Single Parent:


The first night he's gone - I clean the house.  Then, proceeding nights I enjoy stupid girl movies.  
I love that the clean house makes me feel in charge of life while he's away.  (Sort of like, look mom - no hands.  Except, no Hubband.) 


2.  What is your favorite concert you have ever been to? submitted by Young but Not (Completely) Dumb:


It's a tie.  I went to Brooks and Dunn for my 16th birthday.  Those boys knew how to put on a show!  Seriously, they were awesome.  
The other is Battle of the Bands on the MU Quad, in Corvallis.  Hubband (who was not then hubband) was out of town, as were most of my friends,  so I went by myself.  
Huge crowd, great bands...  it was a great night.  That I had all to myself.... and 3 thousand other people. 


3.  What do you miss most about your “hometown”?  submitted by A Florida Girl and Her Soldier:


Uhhhh....  My parents.  And little brother.  Pretty much from the time we moved there, I knew I wanted to leave  - asap.  
To give you an idea of why:
Homestead, OR  recently incorporated.  The population sign at last visit said 1,516.  Uhm... yeah. 
The first stop light was installed 4 years after I left home.   Last I heard, there were talks about maybe getting a second.  To that I say - whoa nelly, slow down!  
The next "big town" is at least 45 minutes away.  Too far to go for shoes on a regular basis...




4.   If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support? submitted by Wookie & Co.:


I'd love to run to support either St. Jude's or Doernbecher's children's hospitals.  Both of them treat patients wether their parents can pay or not.  


Having my own kids,  I can't imagine what it would be like to face the things the children who go to those hospitals face.  
Let alone be those parents, and not know how to pay for their treatment.  
Without those hospitals - I'm sure we'd see a lot more John Q's in this world.  


5. You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum?  submitted by A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench:


Ceasar salad, seafood alfredo with white wine sauteed mushrooms, and a turtle brownie.


YUM. 

0 reviews: