Monday, February 7, 2011

Germans, The Superbowl, and a Little Catch.

Some random thoughts.  I truly can't put a real blog post together on so little sleep.  So, until Baby H gets his stuff together, you have to deal with what it's really like inside my head.

*Holden cries in German.  No, seriously. "Nein, Nein, Nein!" is what we hear if we don't attend to his needs right away.  And by "we" I mean me.  And by "his needs" I mean pop a boob in his face.  
His accent is pretty impeccable...  One of these days here very soon, I'll capture it on video.  It's funny stuff.

*Last night was the superbowl.  Making an appearance was a beaver.  He saved a man's life.
Proving, Beavers rule.
It was, by far, my favorite add of the night.
Also making the list of awesome commercials:
This creepster.
This Cutie.
And this parody. 
(Which, if you don't already know, is taken from this oldie)


*Yesterday we went to Costco.  My favorite purchase?  Snapware.  I officially feel about 40.  Seriously, snapware?
Well, that and the buffalo chicken meatballs, that we turned into dinner last night.  It took a lot of will power to not eat more for breakfast.  It's a darn good thing granola and yogurt is so durn tasty.  


*After weeks of a "Glee" drought, an episode was set to air post-super bowl.
I watched it this morning.  It was, in my opinion, one of the best yet.  

*Something infected all three of my children yesterday. Something like, the "28 Days Later" virus.  They were insane.  We put them to bed at 6 o'clock.  6pm. 1800 hours.  Seriously early, folks.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  Even the baby was insane!  SOOO fussy.  I'd make a Hitler joke, but it seems a little out of line...

*I live in pajama/yoga pants whenever I'm at home.  Seriously, what is the point of wearing your jeans all day - when you can sit around in pj or yoga pants?  Is this weird? 


*I started running again.  It's harder to be consistent with it right now than I assumed, as at 5am I've usually been up for half an hour nursing.  Not just sliding down beneath the sheets for another hour takes a monster amount of willpower.  Which is really hard to have on no sleep.
However, my first run back wasn't half bad 2.5 miles in 27 minutes.  If I can keep this up, and improve - my goal of a sub 2hr half should be pretty easy.

*Mark and I tackled the filing system Saturday night.  It took us from Saturday evening to late Sunday afternoon to get it all sorted.  I found about 30 old cards I'll be sending off to St. Judes Ranch.
 I also believe I'll be buying most of the cards I send out from them.  Look into it - if you've ever wondered what to do with all the cards you receive throughout the year.  It's a pretty easy way to be charitable. 


*Oh, and be prepared for many posts this week.  I've got quite a bit to catch up on.   Mostly random.  Stuff no one really cares about.  But, I really like to hear myself blog.
Hear myself blog.
Yes, I really did just say that. 
Naptime much? 

2 reviews:

Lindsay said...

Shut the hell up. You ran 2.5 miles in 27 minutes like 2 days after having a baby??? You'll have NO problem with the half marathon. Just fly out to Utah and run the Provo Canyon one. It was my first half and I finished in 1:52 cause it's all down hill. And my quads hurt like a mother the next day!
I ran 6 miles in 1:02 on Saturday. I was pretty excited about that considering I'm trying to run a marathon after having not exercised (really exercised) for 9 years. Can't believe I have to add 20 miles onto that. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sarah for the great idea on greeting cards! Really appreciate the commercials too!