Monday, August 8, 2011

For those who care.

I got my new camera last week.  Oh my goodness.  I'm. In.  Love.  I wasn't sad at all to see my other camera go.  Though, that may have had more to do with the fact I sold it for $175 than anything else... 


So, I spent a lot of time researching a new camera.  There are a lot out there.  Luckily, the fact that I already have an incredible $800 dollar Nikon lens helped me narrow my choices down...  To Nikon.

Eventually the wallet allowed me to get the one I've been drooling over for a while.  The D7000.  It's fantastic, and lives up to every five-star review on the interwebz.  (I only read a couple of less than five-star reviews - and most of them were complaints about shipping time, not the camera itself.)

I decided to take a sunset walk with the fam to flex it's low-light capability muscles.
Here's what I got.

f5.6
ISO 800
(Don't remember shutter speed...but it wasn't slow.)
The sun was completely set 13 minutes later.
Not a lot of light - and LOOK at this!
The only editing was some contrast fixes in camera. 
I'm in love.  Thanks Hubband.

2 reviews:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented and what a beautiful family too. When can we see the next (full) family portrait?

Mommy McD said...

Thanks! And, uhm - I have plans for another full photo. But I have to get the gremlins on board... Soon.