Saturday, April 5, 2008

Goin' a Little Artsy!

On our walk I decided to experiment with my camera a bit. (Its pretty heavy duty, and I thought I would flex its muscles.) I know next to nothing about photography and am trying to learn via books and watching actual photographers. I love taking pictures. SUPER love taking pictures. Here are some of my attempts at being a little more creative. I thought these flowers were absolutely gorgeous. Daffodils are my absolute favorite. I don't think Mark knows this. I'll have to have him read this post!
I was trying to zoom in on the hands a little more, but I'm actually pretty pleased with the way this turned out. (in case you don't know what you're looking at, Mark is helping Braxton down the slide)
I love this picture. I think its sweet. I was trying to make it soft and fuzzy. I didn't get quite the result I was looking for but owell. I'm an amateur!

2 reviews:

Mehgan said...

We can be artsy together! Very sweet pictures, too.

Hello! said...

Sarah! I didn't know you were into photography! Wahoo. That's awesome. What camera do you have? A suggestion on flowers. . .try opening your aperture way up (shooting wide open) and it will do part of the flower in focus and the rest out of focus. It can look pretty cool. Another thing to try. . .spray water on it and get real close. It looks like it just rained on the flower.
What photographers do you check out? I'm always looking for more to stalk!