Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reduce, Reuse - Grow plants???

In an attempt to reduce our footprint Mark and I keep meaning to start recyling (they don't just have centers around here, you have to call a company and pay them to pick it up). However, I keep forgetting. So I have had a stack of glass jars sitting around waiting to be recycled. A week or so ago I had an epiphany, and decided that we'd do an art project. Braxton, Mark and I went out and painted them. Then we put potting soil in them and planted a bunch of different seeds. Obviously, they haven't sprouted yet. I'll post pics once they do. Mark's is the furthest to the right. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which is mine...

"Mom, I'm messy!" He even managed to get some of it in his diaper. Go figure.

It was pretty fun. Even if it was way too hot for 9am. Braxton checks every morning to see if his plants are "all grown up".

0 reviews: