Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tag - You're it!

So I decided to start my own tag today. I love trivia. Pretty much any kind. Needless to say Jeopardy is one of my favorite game shows of all time! Anyway, all you have to do is write down five intriguing pieces of trivia or factoids. Easy eh?


1. Bugs bunny was the first cartoon character to ever be featured on a postage stamp. He was given this honor before even Mickey Mouse!

2. The "X" in xoxoxoxoxoxox became to mean "kiss" in this way: Back in the olden days (I mean olden days) people who were illiterate would sign an X for their signature and then kiss it as a sign of good faith. Eventually, the X just began to mean a kiss. How "O" got "hug", I'm still not sure.

3. Nuclear reactors don't glow green like the media portrays. They glow blue. Its caused by charged particles traveling "superfast" through water. Its sort of like the nuclear version of a pilot breaking the sound barrier... instead of sound it causes a blue glow.

4. The term "computer bug" came from an actual bug - a moth to be exact- found on a circut board of the Mark II computer.

5. In 1964, at the height of his popularity, Smokey Bear was given his own Zip Code - 20252.

Alright, I tag Bob - though you can't use the red hair or blood type thing, Mehgan, Lyndsay, Jill, Emily, Susan, and anybody else that wants to post, or email me some trivia!

1 reviews:

Jillyn said...

Okay first how do you know all that stuff? And second how can I follow that up? I got nothin!
We are super excited to come to DC in the fall! where are you guys at again? We aren't quite sure where we will end up. but have started the search again so any input is much appreciated!